Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The week of Service Professionals

   It looks like this week is going to be a week of visits from the professionals. It all started out last week. Every morning when I would get up, I would have to reset the TV in the living room. I kept calling, and they told me that they were sending signals at night working to "beef up" their new Time Warner App, which would knock out my signal. The repairman came out Saturday morning and reset everything for me, plus reprogrammed Sherrill's TV and traded out remotes. Simple enough.
  Then I had to call AT&T. I still have static on the phone, even though the rain has gone. So, he is scheduled to come out sometime before Thursday afternoon. Why is it I can pick up phone calls as far away as Raleigh on my scanner, but can't hear the person calling down the road?
  Now this morning I'm doing laundry, and my washing machine won't pump the water out, or spin. I call Sherrill, and he tells me to choose if I want a new machine or repair this one. I want my OLD machine. SO, I call the repairman. By the time he gets here I have diagnosed the problem, thanks to youtube. He reroutes some wires, and I can use the machine for now. He will be back in a couple of days to put on the $20.00 part. How simple was that? And by the way, my machine was made in 1997.
It's only 16 years old.
  I'm in one of those Clean it out, throw it out, fix it up moods, so watch out! New times are coming!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment