Sunday, August 11, 2013

Still Looking for a Tenant........


   I'm still getting phone calls from prospective tenants. So far there have been 29 that are really interested. Sherrill is going to meet most of them today from 2 'til 4 pm.  I wonder if I should serve refreshments while they fill out their applications.
   I got quite an interesting call today from one applicant. Her first question ......"Do you do criminal checks". My first thought was, I WILL on you. Usually you can get a pretty good feel just by talking to them, but tomorrow will be so busy, we may have to change our tactics.
  I have learned one thing in this process. I need to actually SEE proof of ID, not just a driver license number. One tenant had one name on her application, a different name at the water place, and yet another at the electric company. People have really learned how to do a scam!
  I'll let you know what kind of applicants we get. One of the more interesting ones thus far works at McDonalds and at Whiskey Dicks Saloon. At least we know he will have adequate food and drink!
And you do know of course we are not allowed to mention race or sexual orientation on the application. Last time we had two "girlfriends" that wanted to move in. We rode by where they lived at the time, and it looked like a pig pen, so they were excluded.
  Hope all of this goes smoothly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment