I recently came across an old checkbook register from 1997. It was fun looking back to see what I was spending my money on.
House payment $188.00 (wasn't that nice!)
Cable TV 45.00
Phone 180.00 (this was before free long distance)
Cell phone 29.00
Atlantic Pool and Spa ( I must have bought the spa the year before)
Jones Onslow Electric (so we still must have had the trailer at the beach)
I was also paying out money to Pitt Surgicenter and Anesthesiologist, so I must have had gall bladder surgery the year before.
There were also checks to Pizza Village in Mt Olive, Neuse River Chinese, Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut, and other of our favorite restaurants.
I even had checks written to Columbia House. I doubt if any of you remember that place. You could buy one tape or CD and get 10 free. Then each month they would send you a card saying they were mailing out a new one. I guess I was still into music then. I think the last CD I bought recently was a Christmas CD by Mannheim Steamroller. Oh now, I buy things off iTunes all the time, but they stay on my computer and iPad.
It's fun to look back to see what I spent my money on. I had the balloon shop back then, so I was making my own money, and spending it!

No comments:
Post a Comment