I spent $10.00 and bought me one of these at amazon.com.
So, what is it?
It's an external floppy drive. I'm quite sure that most of you still have a few 3.5" floppy's sitting around the house. I have about a hundred or so with everything on them from saved emails to business reports. After getting Aunt Louise's papers, and all of her "floppies" I decided to go ahead and invest "Big Money" to see what she and I had both saved.
Yesterday I went through about 25 of mine. There was one year's tax return, and the rest had to do with
family history classed I had taught. I haven't pulled out any others. I still have mounds of pictures on my table that I am working on.
These things are almost extinct. It only works on Windows XP and older. I had to use my old laptop with it. Windows 8 would probably eat it alive!
Perhaps I could provide a service, checking old floppies, and transferring to a flash drive. You never know what you might find!

No comments:
Post a Comment