Friday, May 17, 2013

New Project


I've been working on organizing all the pictures I have on my Mac. Now, it's less than a year old, but has over 5,000 photos on it. Yesterday I identified about half of them. It's really cool. The easiest way is to get a group photo with 20 or more people in it, identify them, then let the computer match their faces.  When doing the matches, it shows just the faces, so you really have to stop and think, or go back and look at the original pictures. I've had the most problems with Austin and Shane Stokely, and the triplets.
It often confuses people, like James and Larry, Mandy and Meghan, and any others that look somewhat similar. One of the problems are vacation pictures, with 'unknown". You have to mark each one of them to ignore. So far, I have 105 people identified. There are thousands more to go. I haven't even added in the ones on the external hard drives, or the laptop! Once I identify all of them here in Picasa, then I have to do the same thing in my Photo Elements program.

No comments:

Post a Comment