 |
10 minutes of video games 90 Yen.
I guess this is where Chris will want to hang out!
|
Kat was able to call Chris for Mother's Day. It was 4 pm her time on Sunday, and 7 AM his time on Monday. Joe "Face Timed" me on his iPad, so I could hear everything Chris was saying, and could see Kat and Eli. For some reason, they couldn't hear me, so I would write out my questions and hold them up to the camera eye. His Grandma Sue was on speaker phone and could hear and talk to him too! It was so great to hear him and to see how excited he was. He eats rice at least once or twice a day, along with Ramen noodles. He really likes the people at church. He was paired with an "older" missionary (he is 24) from Seattle, so Chris will have someone to calm him down a little. He talked to Kat too!
Chris told about his adventures of riding the plane and the train, and the people he has talked to. He doesn't ask for anything, but was going out to buy his bike and an electronic dictionary. He is right outside Sapporo in a little town called Toyohira. You can "google it" and learn about its history.
After talking for almost an hour, it was time to go, and a tearful Eli told his big brother "I Love you". It was such a heartfelt gesture, you couldn't help but cry.
Kat won't be able to hear from him again until Christmas. That's going to be a LONG 7 months.
Be safe Sto Baby!
Kat just emailed this to me. It is the mission President and his wife, and Chris's companion. Kat got an email with just a picture, and I got an email, but no picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment