School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
The man and the gun
I get a call from my mom this morning about 10:15 "Judy, there's a man at ECU with a gun". My reply was, "Well, there was one last week at Elizabeth City State University". "Where's Mandy" was her next response. "She should be home doing her homework", I told her.
"I thought that clown had gotten a rifle and had gone to school to find her." The clown she was referring to was Dan, and I told her that Mandy was fine.
So 3 1/2 hours later, 60 police/sheriff/highway patrolmen/Campus police, and 1 helicopter, the police realized that the man with the gun was actually a man with an umbrella sticking out of his backpack. In the meantime, ECU campus was locked down along with 4 Pitt County Schools in the area.
Mom reminded me that Mandy had been on a plane on 9-11 and survived that, and now she had survived a
"gunman" on campus. She said Mandy is one "Lucky" girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

See everyone....grandma loves me most. :)
ReplyDelete