Friday, November 18, 2011

Paducah, Kentucky

My plan was to stop in Nashville and spend a couple of hours today. The traffic was really heavy heading into town, so I just bypassed it, and kept on trucking. By the time we got to Kentucky we kept seeing signs for Paducah. I've heard of it before, there's a fabric shop there that sends me sales catalogs. As we got closer to the exit, I could read the road number.....1954. This was a sign. I had to take that exit. That was the year I was born. We drove to downtown, a very quaint little town with lots of shops. The main street dead ends to the river.




You can drive on concrete all the way to the water. The pictures above show the little stores. There are big concrete sea walls that murals were painted on. It was beautiful! We went to a little quilt shop, then to the BIG quilt shop. They had a farmer's market, and all kinds of neat stuff. I LOVED this little town!

1 comment: