Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good Morning World!

Just a quick post to check in to update you on the events as I know them......

1. Seth came home (my house) with all B's on his report card. He was allowed to walk home (his house) to play video games. He has his own key now, and I guess is a latch key kid.
2. Meghan is real excited about telling time and working with numbers. She reads her numbers from right to left, instead of left to right. She is a left-handed child though.
3. We still haven't talked to Wendy since her birthday. I know she must be recuperating from her trip.
4. No word from Kelli and Blake. She's still trying to save money to come to NC for a visit.
5. Haven't heard from the Blegens. I'm not sure what sports they be doing for the spring/summer.
6. The neighbors LAUREN, CARTER, and IZZY are still staying in their yard. I might not be able to see them, but I sure can hear them!
7. Kenny called last week and talked to me. Luke called to sing me a song, and Catherine just talks. Kenny missed one field trip because he was sick. I think they are all better now.
8. Eli is Eli. We are currently under negotiations to share his Junie B Jones books.
9. And the top news of the week, Kat, Joe, Eli and Isaac have gone to upstate WA to visit friends, and left Chris HOME ALONE! ! !! Partytime at the Roller house. I suggested she put her laptop in Chris's room, connect to skype, and let me watch him all night. He did not think that was a good idea!
10. Sherrill and Mandy have been working on Kat's LaGrange house. The renter moved out.
11. Mandy has signed up for summer school and fall semester at ECU. Go Mandy.....Go Mandy.

Until next time........what is going on with the Blegens?
...........will the neighbors LAUREN, CARTER, and IZZY ever be allowed out of their yard?
..........what have Cameron and Olivia been up to......and how did Randy survive while Wendy was gone?

Bye for now, hope everyone has a really nice and peaceful day!

5 comments:

  1. That is very RUDE to go through the list of family members and call them each by their name, but can not for the NEIGHBORS!!
    We have names, and feelings too just like everybody else. I'm sick and tired of FAVORITES being shown in this family for as long as I have been a part of it. If you want to call and treat us as just "NEIGHBORS" then LET IT BEGIN!! And this message was posted by Abby. Sometimes messages are typed by James, but the google account is under mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was blessed enough to have family call me "NEIGHBORS". I have spent 10 long years away from home and spend thousands of dollars each year just to go home and visit. So I can be called a "NEIGHBOR" for a time. I also spend 4 hours in a car each month to go see my family and spend "NEIGHBORLEY" time together. So SHUT UP WHINNING about being called a NEIGHBOR and who is playing FAVORITES. It's not like Grandma Judy can say, the fat one, the ugly one the stupid one and the dumb as ass one. Be thankful that you have a house, food, and a NEIGHBOR that LOVES you no matter how much you whine. Stop being over sensitive about everything that comes out of a MCKEEL'S mouth and start showing love and charity that the LORD has asked us to do. Try and be more like CHRIST in all thing and don't whine about what you have not got or who forgot your name. Ask Kelly, I still don't know how to spell her name. This was posted by CHRISTY LEIGH MCKEEL MCEWAN. And I try everyday to be like CHRIST but see I really hate hearing people whine, whine, whine, and talk bad about my MOMMA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could only smile when I read the two posts above. Smiling because just a few years ago I would have been so angry and upset. But then I realized......
    I HAVE shown favoritism. I have one child that I cut their grass for over 2 years, provided free child care for 1 year, and provided numerous meals. I NEVER refused to babysit when asked, NEVER refused to loan a tool, vehicle or equipment, and gave anything that was requested. Yes, this same child IS my neighbor. Sometimes in life a parent feels like a parent, and sometimes like a "Neighbor". Anytime a grandchild is scolded for trying run give a grandparent a hug when they drive up, they too feel like a neighbor. Anytime it is mentioned that a man and his dog is not welcome in your yard, you feel like a neighbor.

    Lauren, Carter, and Izzy know how much we love them. James also knows he is loved and respected. And yes Abby, we love you too.

    And for all you other kids, I guess I owe you some meals, grass cutting, and free child care. Please don't let me forget! Except Mandy........
    I have provided the child care and meals, and some yard work!

    Christy, I too wish you were here to be my daughter, and my neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Christy, YOU SHUT UP! I've played this Neighbor Game for OVER a year, and I'm tired of it. I went along with it at first, but it has worn itself out! And you do not come out for a visit every year to see family. And you are the one that when you do get here, within 24-48 hrs you're already not getting along with someone. You don't want to live here at all! And besides, you need to be the one to look in the mirror. You have some nerve talking about being Christ like. When was the last time that you set foot inside of a church?
    I'm not whining, or being over sensitive, I'm just tired of being called the neighbors.

    And Judy, you have done a lot for us, and we appreciate it. I know you watched Lauren for us for 8 1/2 months, and there is nothing that we can do to repay you for that. But you have also provided child care for a few others as well. I sure didn't know it would be thrown back at us!
    James jokes with his dad about Jack. No body ever said that they weren't welcomed in our yard! He is the same dog that pisses on my tires, and dog sit, but I've never said "get out of my yard" or "don't bring that dog over here".
    And has for the kids go, they aren't running over there to give hugs! They are running over there to stay and play, and Eat! We know both of you are tired, either after church or after work, so we tell them "no". We tell them "no" when we know you aren't feeling well. We tell them "no" because we know you have Meghan all day, and are tired. They are learning consequences now, for running over and NOT ASKING FIRST. We have already discussed this before. They just aren't going to disappear, and not tell us. So yes, when they start to run your way, they are yelled out (b/c we are not standing right beside them) for them to come back home. They are not Scolded.
    I know that I have ruffled some feathers, and I'm sorry, but I'm just tired of being called neighbors, I'm tired of being put out, and talked about. I'm tired of my kids learning to disrespect what their parents say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait...you can't cut me out. You have to raise Meghan like you did Sto. :)

    ReplyDelete