Grandma had told everyone, "Do NOT throw away my forks". Finally after alot of forks got missing, Grandma told Mandy, "Someone is throwing away my forks". Mandy just smiled, thinking Grandma had lost her mind for sure. How many Grandma's actually COUNT forks?
Mandy surprised Grandma last night with FOUR NEW salad forks. Grandma was SO HAPPY.
Now Grandma has go go and count the spoons!
The moral of this story is to enjoy the good stuff while you have it, and teach the grandkids NOT to throw it away. And, to tell Mandy, NOT to haul it off in her lunch box!
The real moral of this story is for everyone to fight over the forks when she's gone. They must be good if mom is counting them before bed.
ReplyDeleteAt $10 a pop, I'm done buying forks for mom. So for now on, when people come visit mom I'm going to count everything before and after you leave. That way my kids and I can't get blamed for things missing. :) I'm glad you like your forks mom. (I'll tell dad to get you spoons for your anniversary!)
ReplyDelete