I called mom today, and she requested I call her right back. So, I wait a few minutes, call her, and no response. I wait a while longer, and still no response. Finally she returns my call.
She explains to me that once I hung up, a neighbor called to ask her if she was alright. She told him that yes, she was fine, and why was he asking. He told her that her burglar alarm was ringing, and he just wanted to make sure everything was OK.
She told him that Yes, all was well, that dad had hooked up the ringer on the phone to the burglar alarm, so when the phone rings he could hear it when he is outside on the tractor. By the end of their conversation dad did in fact turn off the alarm and picked up the phone to talk to the neighbor!
And you kids think WE (your dad and myself) are the crazy ones? ? ? ?

No comments:
Post a Comment