Friday, October 18, 2013

White Chili Recipe

Here's a recipe from Christy. She was having problems getting the post to go through.

Ingredients:
 1 lb. Chicken cut into 1/2 in cubes (or 2 canned chicken)
 1 medium onion
 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 1/4 teaspoon)
 1Tablespoon oil 4 cans of Northern Beans (15.5 oz)
 1 can chicken broth
 1 can of green chili enchilada sauce
 1 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I use 1/4 teaspoon)
 1 teaspoon dried oregano ( use 1/4 teaspoon and I also use ground oregano not the seeds one)
 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (again I use 1/4 teaspoon)
 1 cup sour cream ( I use more, like 1 1/2 or 2 cups)

 In a large sauce pan sauté chicken, onion and garlic powder until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, enchilada sauce, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 mins. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve. Great with tortilla chips! It makes a lot but I can't keep this in the house. Everyone gobbles it up. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment