Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just one of those Days!


Help ! ! ! !!  Ma Keel here (the laptop) is broke and I am going to freak out!
You know that taxes are due in April, and you know how much Sherrill HATES to file taxes, so as usual, we file an extension, pay what we owe, and do the stressful part later. Well, the return is due in
3 DAYS. I have been working on them for the past week. I got up this morning to do the last bit, and
MaKeel refuses to cooperate. The screen is BLACK. As black as the Ace of Spades!
I had to call Sony to talk me through it. Oh Lord, please just help me get through these taxes........
After I went through everything, the Tech told me that is is probably a problem with Windows 8 operating system.
I'm putting the steps here of how to correct the situation, so next time this happens I will know what to do. If ever I call you and tell you my laptop isn't working, please refer me to this post. I know I will forget!
For a Black screen on MaKeel
1. Turn off power
2. Push Assist button
3. Once rescue mode comes on, Click on F2
4. Click on Exit
5. Click on get default value
6. Click on enter
7. Click on exit set up
8.Click on Yes, Yes, Yes, all along the way when it shows up on the screen.
9. Shut your eyes real tight and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that it is going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment