Do you ever watch Suze Orman. One segment of her show is "Can I afford it". People call in with all kinds of things they want to buy. Everything from cars, to vacations, to jewels. I have come to the point now, "Can I afford it?"
My laptop is running slow. I decided to check to see how old it was. I figured it was about 7 years old. After going though its "innards", I realized it was made in 2001. That is 11 years old! Almost 12.
I have grandkids older than that! It still looks brand new. Still works, but, like me, moves a little slow.
This is what she looks like.........
Just BEAUTIFUL isn't she. She still looks brand new.
I know, I know, I just got a new Mac, so why should I need another computer? Well, the reason is a lot of my genealogy programs and files are windows based. There are SOME things I just need to do using it. I could use the "Boot camp" or whatever it is and run a windows program on my Mac, but I don't want to mess up my Mac.
I hate spending money frivolously, but I really, really want a new Sony Vaio. I don't have a "smart phone", I don't have an Ipad, I don't have a new car, I did get a few new shirts, but I usually try to save my money. I don't even think I missed any of the grandkids birthdays.
Perhaps I'll just tell Sherrill I need an early Christmas present! Come on now, don't you want a new laptop?

No comments:
Post a Comment