Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Poor Sherrill............


Poor Sherrill is so stressed! Last week after he carried Jack to the vet, he had to fight with him (Jack) to give him his medicine (a little pill). After 3 days of fighting, he went and got him some liquid antibiotic.
Jack loves the taste, but doesn't like the dropper near his mouth. Every morning and night I hear Sherrill and Jack in the bathroom fighting. You can just imagine the words that comes out of his (Sherrill's) mouth.
Added to that are the eye drops. Three times a day for each of them (two different drops), to be given 2 hours apart. So that puts it that every 2 hours Sherrill is fighting with Jack again over the eye drops. As if that is not enough.......

Last week Sherrill had a crown to fall off. Front center tooth. He immediately went to the dentist, got a temporary one, and is waiting for the permanent one to come in. Yesterday the crown fell off, so he went back in to have it glued back. As soon as he got home, it fell off again. The dentist had told him he could buy some over the counter stuff to hold it in case of an emergency. Last night Mandy goes to the pharmacy to find the stuff. She brings it home, and he spends an hour trying to glue it in. He finally gets it in, and shortly thereafter it falls out. I told him to just leave it out, go to bed, and put it in this morning. But NO, he had to put it back in. Well, overnight, it fell out again, so he had to get up early to deal with HIS tooth and Jack's meds and drops. I refuse to make Jack angrier at me.

I just got a call from him a little while ago. He took the crown off so he could eat his snack, then put it back on. HE said every time he leans his head forward it falls out. So, back to the dentist he goes tomorrow morning. I feel sorry for those poor girls! I'm sure he will have A LOT to say to them. His next plan is to try to hold it in with some silicone caulking.

I wish I had a picture of the snaggled toothed old man and his dog, but I'm not brave enough to take one, and he would kill me if I did. The next time he wants to complain about how much something costs, a gallon of gas, insurance, etc, I am going to be the first to remind him that his TOOTH cost more than what ever he is complaining about. Next time you see him, be sure to tell him how good he looks!

1 comment:

  1. I'll come over and take a pic. You just can't tell him I did it!!

    ReplyDelete