Monday, September 12, 2011

Evacuation in Goldsboro.....I saw it!

I went to the post office this morning and the streets towards the courthouse were blocked off, and the streets were empty. A TV truck was there with the satellite up in the air. I saw a friend that's an attorney just roaming the streets, so I knew something was up. This is what was just posted on WITN news.

A suspicious package was found at the Wayne County Courthouse in Goldsboro resulting in an evacuation there.
The package was found outside the courthouse around 7:30 this morning and appeared to be an explosive device.
The Bomb squad from Seymour Johnson Air Force Base was called in and later determined the package was not explosive.
Wayne County Sheriff Carey Winders said Monday an Air Force bomb squad robot tore into a suspicious package left outside an entrance to the Goldsboro building that houses the courts, county offices, and the jail.
Winders says the package was made to look like a bomb and is being checked for evidence that could point to who was behind it.
Security found the package by the Williams Street atrium door prompting an evacuation of the building. People were allowed back inside around 10:00 a.m.
The jail is attached to the courthouse and inmates were moved to another section of teh jail and into a fenced in area.
Stay with WITN and WITN.COM for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment