Yep, we made it through the storm. I guess we (Sherrill) will be spending the next couple of weeks cleaning up.
Still no power. We have the generator going, cooling 3 rooms, with the fridge, freezer, and tv. We have been alternating what appliances to run. This morning Sherrill cooked us bacon and eggs on the griddle. Today Mandy got smart and plugged in the modem and wireless so I could get on the internet. Now she will be able to do her homework online. Progress Energy reports that the power may be out for "MULTIPLE" days. That is going to be miserable, especially since it is supposed to be up in the mid 90's today!
Just to let you know how bad things really are............Mandy was at Andy's last night picking up dinner when they reported that they had run out of food! Hey, I'll carry them all the food they want, if they will just cook it.
Today for lunch I am cooking pork chops and cheesy potatoes on the grill. I'm not what sure what kind of veggie we are going to throw on there. Ohhh, I wonder if I can throw frozen corn on the cob on there? I have some ears I froze this year!
As you can see from the pictures below, we have some cleaning up to do at the Croom Drive house, and at the trailer.I'm so glad that tree at the trailer fell back, and not towards the trailer, or it would have badly injured the child sleeping in that back bedroom! Thank goodness everyone was safe!
Wendy, hope your place at the beach survived.
No more news. I'll post again when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment