School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Monday, October 5, 2015
Did YOU Survive the Flood?
Friday night during one of the downpours I was sitting at my desk and heard water streaming. Now it was pouring cats, dogs, and a few other things outside, but this sounded INSIDE. I went to the sliding glass door, and there were TWO steady streams of water that had made a little pond on the floor (yes my not so new hardwood floors). I screamed for Sherrill to grab some beach towels, and I ran for the paper towels......as if they were really going to help.
We got it all cleaned up, but there was a still two steady streams, which to me was like a gusher! I kept telling Sherrill he had to do something. He angrily replied that it was pouring outside, and there was nothing we could do. He grabbed a few trash bags to cover the floor, but the water was going under them. I told him we needed some BIG pieces of plastic, so he went to the van and cut me off a large piece. That didn't work either. I told him he needed to caulk where it was coming in, to which he told me that wouldn't work because it was wet. I asked it Bubble gum would work!
I kept telling him we couldn't go to bed with it raining in the house. A few minutes later I see the patio gate open with him hauling a 20 foot ladder. He climbs on top of the house, in the downpour, and covers the corner where it is leaking with plastic, leaving enough plastic to hang over about 4 feet, which diverted the water to the steps, and not on the door itself.
He came inside talking to himself (a few words of profanity I am quite sure), and went to change his clothes. I went ahead covered the floor with plastic and towels, just in case.
FAST FORWARD now to Saturday morning. I get a call, which awakens me, and it is the Croom Drive renter to tell me there was a leak in the house. I told him not to worry, I had a leak too, and mine was getting fixed first! So, Sherrill had two leaks to fix that day!
FAST FORWARD to today! I was in the kitchen cleaning up, and yet again I hear water running. I reach over, pick up the phone, and tell Sherrill, I don't know what it is, but I don't think it is going to be good. He tells me to check it out and call him back. YEP, the hose had disconnected from the ice maker, and water everywhere.........again!
So yes, as the saying goes.......When it rains, it pours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Some time during all this drama I texted Kat to tell her the house is flooding. Her reply, "Put a bucket under it".!
ReplyDeleteYep, that's Kat.
Poor dad
ReplyDeleteAnd now the rest of the story.........
ReplyDeleteThe renter called tonight wanting Sherrill to go over and cut out the sheetrock in the ceiling. He went over, but no repairs tonight. More work for another day.......