Wednesday, October 28, 2015

9-1-1

Mom called today around lunch time, and we were catching up on the latest news. She told me that the sheriff's department had just driven by, and they were backing up. No, they were pulling up to the driveway, and were coming to the door. 
The deputy sheriff tells her that they had just received a 911 call from her house about 10 minutes ago.  She told them NO that she had been talking long distance for 20 minutes or more, and they had made a mistake. He goes on to confirm her phone number and address. Then I realize, DAD could be in the back yard, and dialed 911 from the garage.
I told her to tell the deputy to go check out the garage and back yard. She hangs up, and I call their neighbor, and then call my sister. I call back to mom's house, only to find out that dad's truck isn't even in the yard, and that he is at work.
Question for the day....... can these new fan dangled pace makers call 911 on their own? Dad's has an apparatus that connects to cell towers that he carries around with him if he is going to be out of the house for 2 hours or more.




No comments:

Post a Comment