Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fixing the stove......easy?

NOT! ! !

After taking a million hidden screws out of the front of the stove, we removed the old switch. Then Sherrill decided he would put in the new one, matching up a series of 5 wires. After that we put the million screws back in, flipped the breaker, and turned that burner on.

What came next was a whole lotta sparks and a loud "SNAP". I thought the whole house was going to blow up for sure. I flipped the breaker off and told Sherrill to just hold off, and I would call the repairman. But NO, he was the man, and he was going to fix it.

So, I just went off to my room and watched a movie while he did his thing. Two and a half hours later, he had given up, and was sitting at the table eating fried chicken. So, now I can't even use the stove because of the loose wires.

Looks like everything will be cooked in the crockpot, or on the grill. I told him he had burnt up the switch, but he didn't believe me, and had to figure it out for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment