Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Feast

NOT!
Yes, today is Thanksgiving. I just took the turkey breast out of the oven. The sweet potato casserole and dressing are finishing up as I write this.
Yes, we are having a Thanksgiving at our house this year. And
Yes, I still HATE cooking. No, I DESPISE cooking. Sherrill still wants to cook for a large family, and have all the leftovers. I on the other hand want ONE  Thanksgiving meal, and have lots of desserts.
So, today I have decided to cut back, WAY back. No longer do we need sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and potato salad. Just sweet potatoes this year.
And no way do we need mac and cheese, and dressing. This year, just the dressing.
Salad of choice is watergate salad.
Throw in a little string bean casserole and corn, and that's it! Oh, and the gravy(wish my sis was here to make that). Then of course the rolls.
Now for dessert, no longer do we need pies and cakes. One dessert, that's it. So, we settled on 1/2 of a chocolate cake.
Why can't we do like most senior citizens and go out to eat? I had rather spend my day talking to the grandkids instead of in the kitchen.
 One funny part. I left Sherrill in the kitchen sautéing the celery and onions for the dressing. When I came back they had cooked away. I mean, 2 cups of vegetable was down to a serving spoon size. So I had to chop up more and start the process all over again!
 HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. Hope you didn't have to spend most of your day in the kitchen!
  Wish I was in Branson!

No comments:

Post a Comment