Saturday, November 10, 2012

Great Day for a Road Trip!


 Yep, today was a GREAT day to be on the road.  The weather was great, the company was well
OK, (if he could just sit still). He wiggles around like a kid. Good food, and good conversation.
We went to E-City to see the folks. Dad's birthday is Monday, so I wanted to go for a visit. Sherrill agreed to ride along, so off we went. I knew dad wouldn't have a cake, so we carried him 2 dozen of assorted doughnuts. You all know how good Grandma loves Krispy Kreme!
  This trip we went through Snow Hill instead of going down the "super Highway" AKA 795. More houses have been built up, the road has been paved, and I still miss some of the old houses they have been torn down.
  Coming home tonight we went through downtown. Streetscape is now open, That's the block from the traffic circle to past City Hall. Lots of people were downtown with plenty of activities at the bars, restaurants, and the Paramount Theater. The Republican and Democrat offices were finally CLOSED!
Sherrill was surprised to see all the activity.
  Mom and dad are dad are doing fine. Dad was plowing over the graden, and "moving the leaves". No, not MOWING, just MOVING. Moving them from one place to another. Mom was walking without her walker, but was still doing a little "hobbling". I forgot to carry my camera this trip, so I missed out on some new pictures. I'll be back in a few weeks though and will get some then.
  Aunt Debbie was working, so we missed her.  We didn't call Brit and Tristen. I knew by the time they got there we would be leaving.
  Great day, great trip! I'm just tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment