Monday, November 5, 2012

Hacked, Cracked, Sacked, Jacked......whatever

   I received an email Saturday saying our credit card had "suspicious activity". I figured it must be SPAM, so I didn't pay much attention. Later on I decided I better check my account online, thinking Sherrill might have lost his card. You know how it is, always blame the husband. I asked him to check his wallet for his card, and sure enough, it wasn't there. I go online and check and realize it wasn't HIS card, it was a card I use (I just store his in a drawer). Now I realize something is really wrong. Yep, they had suspended my account.
  Now, don't worry, Christmas is protected. This is a card I use very seldom. As a matter of fact, I hadn't used it in over a year. I called the company, and they asked if I had made two charges to Maple Leaf Inn in Ohio. I told them NO.  I wouldn't go near Ohio right now until the election is over!
   Then she asked if I had made a purchase in France. FRANCE?! No, I don't think so. They had to cancel the card, and will issue another. Yep, they finally got me! Mom has been telling me for YEARS that the Nigerians are going to get me for paying bills, and purchasing things on line. Everyone knows how extremely paranoid I am concerning my credit cards. I shred my info. How they got to me, I'll probably never know. I'm just glad they realized that Ohio is not a state I frequent often, and France is a country I have not yet visited!

No comments:

Post a Comment