I have been reminded recently that Jack does NOT like cold weather. Now that Sherrill has been leaving for work at 5:30AM, Jack has to go out early for his morning walk. Sherrill gets him up around 5:00, cooks his bacon, then takes him out for his morning walk. Then I go in between 9:00 and 10:00 (while Dr Phil is on), wake him up again, and take him out. Yesterday morning I go and get him out of bed, walk him to the back door, open the door, and he turns around, and walks straight back to his room, and climbs back in bed. That cool breeze blowing in on him was just enough to send him away. About 10:00 I tried again to get him out, he went out the door, but wanted to turn around and come back inside. I hooked that leash to him, at which time he turned around and "snapped" at me. At that point and time I had to tell him,"You stupid dog, I'll kill you"! I came on inside and left him out on the leash. After a few minutes, he was alot more cooperative when I took the leash off, just dying to come inside. This dog has got to learn some manners.
This morning was somewhat the same. He got to the door, and was hesitant in going out. I coaxed him out, then he wanted to go sniff where the squirrel had been. Yesterday I had put some walnuts in the patio area, and watched one of the squirrels come and pick them up, carry them to the top of the fence post, and would eat the pieces. Then he would jump down, drink some water out of Jack's bowl, then get some more walnut pieces. It proved to be an entertaining day!
Christa's school bus goes through our neighborhood, so all this week she is getting off the bus here in the afternoon. She takes Jack out for his evening walk before it gets dark, and Sherrill gets home. She's been quite the little lifesaver. I'm not ready to go out walking, especially in this cold weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment