Tuesday, October 11, 2011

39 Days 'til Branson ! ! !


Kat called today and we discussed the Branson trip. Sherrill said everyone will be mad at him by then, so it will be just the two of us!

Kat has just about finished with the sleeping arrangements. Next we will tackle the food. We are thinking about each family furnishing the food and cooking one meal for everyone.  For example if someone one day cooked chili, but then also have hot dogs or something for the kids. Spaghetti would probably have to be served with a simple sauce for the kids. Macaroni and cheese is a must! One day the kids could make their own pizzas. If all of your dinner time meals are busy, you could fix us a nice lunch. You could even tag team and work together on a meal. I do need two responsible adults to plan a simple Thanksgiving meal, so we can see who will fix what. I will need every one's help on this.

Sherrill and I will be responsible for the breakfast. There will be food there, who does the cooking we will have to see. If each family would bring 2-3 boxes of cereal that would help a lot. You could also pick up a gallon of milk when needed.  We will make sure there is bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, toast, and oatmeal. If there are any special items you want, bring them. Just remember, we will have to bring home or throw out what is not eaten.  Everyone will have keep extra food picked up due to Catherine's allergies. Tables will need to be wiped down constantly.

Peanut butter and jelly are a staple, but if you want ham, turkey, etc, please bring your own.

Please let me know if you are willing to furnish and cook a meal. Also let me know what you can fix for Thanksgiving. We will need the regular stuff, plus desserts. Or, we could just have desserts!

I'm getting excited! I need some ideas!

5 comments:

  1. For Thanksgiving if you don't want turkey and ham, steaks are always an option. Buy your own though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we aren't going so no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time and hope to make it next time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to cook so I'm willing to cook a couple of meals if you would like. Also I have a ton of fresh corn in the freezer so I will bring that.
    Christy could you bring a jar of your honey please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the cooking offer. I HATE cooking, but LOVE eating! I like eating others food. Christy said she will plan the Thanksgiving meal, and post it later. If there is any NC food you want, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete