I was talking to Christy today about things they did as children. She told me the story about Mandy chasing her around the house with a Butcher knife. I told her," I thought all kids did that"! I could remember chasing my brother and sister with a butcher knife as a child. I thought we called it "Jugga jugga in the dark". This brought back memories from almost 50 years ago. I immediately had to call my sister about it. As soon as I said the words "Jugga Jugga in the Dark", she too busted out laughing. I asked her if knives were involved, and she said NO. But, there was one time when she and my brother Joey were picking on me, and I did in fact get the butcher knife and chase them around the house! I guess after that they learned their lesson and didn't gang up on me as much.
(Jugga jugga) was a game we played. My sister and I along with our cousins Freddy and Steve would turn all the lights out in the house and run around chasing each other. We are not quite sure how the game came about, or what the object of the game was. Debbie thought Freddy named the game. We will have to do some thinking and asking around to learn more about this. And, when I do, this is a game I will teach ALL the grandkids to play.......without the knives of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment