Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Saga of the Unidentified Socks..........

Yesterday Sherrill was home from work. I had worked last week cleaning out his room. I had a basket of clothes that wouldn't fit anywhere. So, I told him it was time to clean out his dresser drawers.
Remember the times you would call asking, What can I get for dad", and I would usually reply dress socks. Well, NO MORE! For years Sherrill tells me he can't find any dress socks. Well, I found them,
26 pair to be exact, and about 8 left overs with no matches. This does NOT include the 20 something pair of "shorty" socks, and six pair of work socks.

Interestingly enough though, I found two pair of "Unknown Socks". These were "top dollar" socks, very soft and silky, the kind you want to cuddle up to.....well, maybe not cuddle, but at least rub a few times. I folded them open to get a better look of them, and in both pair, glitter started coming out.
Real glitter........both pair. I asked Sherrill where he got them, and he said he bought them at Belks. I told him Belks didn't sell those socks, so he said Christy or Kat sent them to him. NOPE, no way......not with all that glitter!

When he gets new socks, I wash them, and put them up. How did glitter get in two different pair?
Just doesn't make sense to me. Sounds like some type of prank or something.

So, what did I do? Just what a normal wife would, fold them back over, and put them back in the drawer. I can't wait until he gets ready for church one Sunday, and slides on those socks. He will be sprinkling glitter with every step!



4 comments:

  1. Christy, I just found another 25 pair of little white socks in the guest room! Wonder where they came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, are any of them the kids socks? Im pretty sure dad doesn't hide socks in that room. Look at all the people that have been in and out of that room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, are any of them the kids socks? Im pretty sure dad doesn't hide socks in that room. Look at all the people that have been in and out of that room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy was sending him packs of 20 socks. I would take out 6 pair, and put the others in the spare room.
    There are also 3 brand new pairs of PJ bottoms, and two jogging type pants with straight legs, no elastic at the bottom. Your kids socks, and yours are in the chest of drawers, third drawer down.
    We also have two drawers full of new t-shirts from Kat!

    ReplyDelete