I just got back mom's DNA results. I was tested through 23andme, where you spit in a vial. Mom and dad couldn't spit, so I ordered them tests through my heritage.com, where you just do a mouth swab.
These are mom's results! The 45 per cent English is no surprise, but the Scandinavian and Iberian were higher than expected. The puzzling part is the German and Swiss didn't even show up. That leads me to believe they may have originated from one of the Scandinavian countries. Me and Christy will have to figure this one out!
It kind of goes like this
You 100 percent
Parent 50 percent
Grandparent 25 percent
Gr grandparent 12.5 percent
So, with mom's total African at 10.8 percent, that would mean that one of her great grand parents were from Africa. Now, there are some white folks there, but......there are a heck of a lot of others!
Christy, you can upload your test results to my heritage.com and it should automatically connect you to me. Just remember, don't use my name. I am just listed as J E and mom is listed as My Family.
Dad's results aren't up yet, but he is listed as My Family 2.
Debbie, I have a test for you! Are you going to do it.... Pretty please!

No comments:
Post a Comment