Your dad laid out on the bathroom floor, with his pillow, and a bucket to throw up in, calling out....
"Help me Judy, Help me. I am dying." This all started Thursday night about 7:00 pm. I told him to let's go to the Dr right then to get some medicine......he refused. EIGHT and a half hours later, he remained on the floor, but finally fell asleep. He kept me back and forth, back and forth all of that time! I told him the reason he was so sick was because he was so mean to people. He promised to do better. "I'm hot, I'm cold, wipe my face, take my clothes off, help me get to bed". Really, how am I going to move a 200 pound man laid out on the floor? I can grab him by the feet, and pull! He got so weak, he couldn't even hold his head up to puke in the toilet, or bucket, so he would just puke on the floor. I think he did that just so I would have to clean it up.
Friday morning I was feeling a little nauseous myself, but had to get in there, wash his clothes, and clean out all those germs......I bleached everything. By lunchtime he could stand independently, so we went to the Dr. Yep, it was a stomach virus. Something that he of course had to share with me.
I didn't eat all day Saturday or Sunday, so I just had a light case. He laid around all weekend, but did go off to work today.
FYI: I threatened about 100 times to put him in a rest home. I even told him he was going to sign a power of attorney for medical reasons, so when he is sick, I can get medical care for him. He refused to let me call an ambulance. He's a hard headed old man! Just to let whoever takes him in after I die
know, he is a Big Baby when he is sick, so Beware!

No comments:
Post a Comment