School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Sherrill and the Cat
Last weekend Sherrill decided after 11 years that he was going to dig up a stump in the front yard. The dirt around it had washed away, and when I would cut grass, it looked like a sinkhole. Notice that by this point the stump was well below ground level. I told him to just fill in the hole, but he needed to use up some of that testosterone, so he just kept on digging! When he dug out the first shovelful, and threw it on the ground Orange Cat went and sat on top of it. With each shovelful, Orange Cat would go and sniff out the soil, and would wait for the next batch.
Finally he got tired of messing with Orange Cat, so he pushed her out of the way. So, she went two feet away, and laid and watched him until he finished, then followed him to the back yard to watch him carry the stump (it was about 4'long and 1 1/2 ft around!
As for me, I was sitting in the rocking chair at the front window watching him work. I could have pulled up the window and screen before I took the picture, but that would have been just too much trouble.
As for Orange Cat, she doesn't have a name. She is either third or fourth generation from Grandma Cat. I'm not sure who her mom was, but Carter might remember. She has run the other cats from the patio and has taken over. She does let them hang around though when it's mealtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment