Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Jack Update

Jack is hanging in there. I had to leave him yesterday to go do my volunteer work. When I got back home, I realized I had forgotten to put up the gate. He was able to roam the house, and so far, he didn't damage a thing. He was able to "hold it in", and when I carried him out, he was able to produce 2-3 ounces of urine without straining or doing the dribble, dribble, dribble.  This was the first time he had accomplished that!

He has not been able to get up in his chair. He jumps, then falls back. Jumps again, and falls again. He refuses to let me pick him up. Today I decided to outsmart him. I took the cushion out of the chair, and covered the bottom with a beach towel.  I walked him over to tell him to "Jump", and yes he Jumped, but at me. I hit the back of the chair, and told him to "Get in your chair". He jumped up, and made it the first time! I reached down to pat him and tell him "good boy", and he almost bit my hand off.  This is the way our relationship goes. Now, when he wants to go outside, he will come rub against my leg like a cat, or sit there and stare at me until I move. But, at least for now, I have him in HIS chair, resting comfortably. He had steak last night for dinner, and fresh gizzards for breakfast.
What more could you possibly ask for in life???? He has totally given up the bacon....Dr's orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment