School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
November Celebrations
Days to Celebrate
6th Dad's Military Anniversary
8th Catherine McEwan's Birthday
12th Dad's 88th Birthday
16th Hudson Evans' Birthday
19th Brooklyn and Braylee's Birthday
20th Kenneth McEwan's Birthday
21st Cathy Evans' Birthday
23rd Tristen Evans' Birthday
Dad told me today that November 6th was his anniversary for joining the US Army. He joined in 1952, at the young age of 23....almost 24. He took off his boots and was discharged on November 5, 1954. He served his time in Korea. When asked if he wished he had stayed in service, he replied "If I did, I probably would have been sent to Vietnam, and I don't know if I would have made it out of there"! We were more than happy to have him at home with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment