Yesterday we went to a birthday party for two year old Riley. This was a little strange, because Sherrill does NOT go to birthday parties! I was able to talk him into going. It was held at a Baptist Church in their big room (what Sherrill called the banquet room). There were about 30 of the long tables set up, only half of them decorated though. There were two long tables for gifts, and both of them were totally filled. It was AMAZING! The part I liked best (other than the food) was a little book that the mom had made.
You know those little "Shuttterfly" books like you can make for free from time to time? Kat introduced them to me. Well, this mom had made one for her daughters life from last year, to this year. I assume there was one made from birth to age one.
There were beach pictures, pictures at home, pictures at Christmas, pictures at church, everything.
What a neat way to remember a year in your child's life!
Now, all of you need to pull out those photos, and start making one for your child. You can start for just this year. Then every year at Christmas give them their book and watch them SMILE.
Kids just LOVE to look at themselves ......... and with all of these "selfies" going on, I guess other people do too! ! !

Guess dad is changing... we did this book for Christmas one year for Randy.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDelete