Friday, December 13, 2013

Who is this man?

I just got this email

Judy, This is Bill Horne from Arkansas.  You have been doing some family search for me. I need to know if this is a good e-mail address to contact you.   If you get this, call me @ 1-501-944-XXXXX    Thank you   Bil Horne

I'm trying to think what kind of spam this is, then I vaguely remember the name. So, I call the number.
As soon as he picked up the phone I hear off in the distance him talking to himself……."Who is calling me from this area code? I don't even know where it is!" I explained to him that I was calling him because HE asked me to. He went on to tell me that he didn't know me. I read his email to him and he said, "Oh, this is Judy". Why didn't you say so in the first place?
It seems as though I did some research for him about 12 years ago. I was doing research for a lady from church, and she wanted me to help her sister do her husbands, so I did, and somehow ran across "Bill", and sent him a copy of everything I found.
Bill is 75 now, turning 76 December 22. He wanted to send me money for all the work I had done (12 years ago). 
He said he knew it was late, but he felt as though I should be paid for all my work. After a lot of negotiations, we decided he could take me to lunch at Wilbers or Western Sizzlin the next time he comes to town.
It kind of gives you a good feeling to know that others value your work! I feel very "special" now! Thank you Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment