Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's for Dinner?



Today I decided it was cool enough outside to turn on the oven, so I wanted to bake a ham. While I was at Walmart I was checking them out, and they were over $3.50 a pound.  Then I saw one in a white and orange wrapper. It was a Smithfield orange zest spiral sliced ham. It was only $2.00 a pound, so I knew I had to give it a try. I brought that baby home, threw it in the oven, and had it ready in no time. Add to that some succotash (with a jar of medium salsa instead of tomatoes) and boiled potatoes, and dinner was ready. Sorry Sherrill, no biscuits. I wish I could make good cornbread.

It was GREAT! It was like putting orange marmalade on top of a hot ham. The orange sauce had some cinnamon in it, and orange zest. I was amazed. Sherrill really liked it too. It's a nice change for a summer meal. I would have never dreamed of an orange glaze on pork, but hey, I like the apples they put on pork chops at Logans.

No comments:

Post a Comment