It all started with a simple thunder storm. We watched TV, then just went on to bed. Sometime before midnight the ground shook, and my room lit up like a spotlight. There was such a BOOM that it left ringing in my ears. I looked up and saw the little red dot on my tv was now blinking. I got up, unplugged the tv, and went on to bed. The next morning I got up with Sherrill, checked out my tv and told him about what had happened. We checked all the other TV's in the house, and ALL of the ones that were plugged in were gone. I keep the one in the kitchen unplugged, and the one in the garage was unplugged. The Mac wasn't working, The printer is dead, as well as ALL the phones.
To fast forward......we got 3 of the tv's repaired. The Mac is at the Apple store (estimate for repair 800.00). The electrician came to check out all the "fried" items. Time Warner man came to do his repairs. While they were here, we found WHERE the lightening struck. It hit the house right outside of Sherrill's bedroom window, about 3 feet from Sherrill's bed (right where Jack sleeps).
This is what it looks like.
Pieces of the siding ended up in the middle of the back yard. This hit is about 10 feet from the AC unit. I sure am glad that didn't die!
Thanks Abby and Christy for keeping the blog going while I was going through internet withdrawals.
Cindy, sorry I didn't get your card in the mail. I had quite a stressful week. I didn't do any fussing, but I did my fair share of crying.
OK Tristen, we are waiting to hear from you and Kelli too!
No comments:
Post a Comment