Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ding Dong


Lauren and Carter came over this afternoon. Lauren was sitting with me coloring, and Carter was outside playing kickball/soccer with Sherrill. They both ended up in the house for something to drink. I was still coloring, and I heard a faint "Ding, dong.......Ding dong". It sounded like Carter. I asked Sherrill where Carter was, and he said in the kitchen. I asked where Lauren was, and still the answer was in the kitchen.
I'm thinking, "I haven't seen Izzy all day". I get up, go to the door and there she is, still saying "Ding dong.... Ding, dong". I asked her, "Girl, why didn't you ring that door bell". She just looked at me. Then I realized, perhaps she didn't know what the door bell was. So, I had her push the button about 10 times.
Then she realized.......Ding, dong!

Didn't this same thing just happen to Meghan a few months ago?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, she does know what OUR doorbell looks like and what it does, because everytime we get home from somewhere she has to ring it before coming in! But the "ding dong" did start first! Maybe next time she will remember what yours looks like!!

    ReplyDelete