Remember the wall phones in the kitchen? And, do you remember when cordless phones came in, and out went the old landlines? People usually covered the area with a plastic plate that would match their light switches and receptacles.
Sherrill has been working on the kitchen and decided to take off the plate and close it in with some new sheetrock to make it look good as new. No problem, right?
The day after he did the repair, I realized NO ONE had called me. The phone would like a half a ring, but no one was there. I could call out, but no one would call IN. I called the phone company, and they scheduled a repairman to come out tomorrow.
In the meantime, I had Sherrill to go to the back of the house and hook up an old phone.....it worked fine. So, I realized Sherrill had done something to the inside wiring. He admitted he had capped off the wires and just pushed them down into the hole.
This is what I found! He had twisted all different colors together! I am surprised the phone even worked at all! I found MY wire cutters, and cut off the wires all the way to the gray main wires.
I left him to screw on the caps and to patch the wall, again!
Just think how nice it is to only make outgoing calls, and not getting any calls from telemarketers!

No comments:
Post a Comment