School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Yep, I did it again
Yesterday when I got home from work, I was loading up my purse, lunch, drink, water bottle, mail, etc and made my way to the back door. I made it up the steps, unlocked the door, left foot over the threshold, then it happens! The heel of my right foot got stuck under the screen door, off flew my shoe, and there was nothing to grab hold of. I was half in, and half out the door. The left knee was hurting, and the heel of the right foot. "That Stupid Sherrill", I just had to yell out. I had been asking for rails at the front and back door, just in case I needed them. So, yes, I said the "Stupid" word that I know is not allowed. This morning as I hobbled to my chair he just looked at me. "I wouldn't be hurting today if I had a rail at the back door" was all I said. He picked up the phone book and called a man that does iron and metal work. I just might get those rails after all!
As I sat in the chair thinking over yesterday events I realized I had unloaded cases of food from my car into the food pantry at work. The case of sugar itself weighed 40-50 pounds. Perhaps that is what caused some of the original pain to my left knee. Maybe the old man isn't the "S" work after all.
So, I am fixing his favorite meal for dinner tonight.
Oh, he is working night shift tonight, spray painting the Bojangles in Princeton. Wonder how many cars he will damage? Any volunteers to go guard him? I told him he could get robbed or knocked in the head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just tell him we're gonna call Uncle Larry and his guys to come install some rails for ya. Hehehe
ReplyDelete