Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hermine Came, and Left


Why is it that storms always like to arrive at night? Sherrill was testing out his generator yesterday morning, and broke it. Then he had to carry it to Eddie the lawnmower man to fix it. We got it back,
and were ready for anything.......except rain. The way the rain falls off of the roof in an L-shape, all of the water comes down right at the sliding glass door in the dining room. We have had a leak at the top of the door once before, and guess what, it came back! At 10:00 pm last night, in the rain, Sherrill was on top of the roof covering it with plastic. Still rain was coming inside.
So, I took my trusted hospital table, rolled it in front of the door, and put plastic Gladware all along one section, touching the glass. Then I taped it to the glass. Drip. Drip. Drip. That was the sound for the night. I threw a beach towel on the floor just in case.
I was up throughout the night checking on things, and still the Drip, Drip, Drip. This morning when I got up and removed the towel, there was a little damage done to the hardwood floors.
I told Sherrill we needed to replace the door, and see what damage had been done. He reminded me we are getting shingles in a couple of months, but I don't think I want to wait. I need a new door, and shingles. Just ANYTHING to keep this rain out!

2 comments:

  1. As long as ur safe, and no major damage thats what matters mummy. Just make them redo the roof line when they redo the everything in a few months. And while theyre up there they can put the Christmas lights up. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Mandy, YOUR job is to help your dad with the Christmas lights..........
    Halloween decorations too!

    ReplyDelete