School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Saturday, June 11, 2016
I'm going to KILL him before all of this is over with!
Sherrill has been trying for months to get his A1C down. He had really been doing pretty good. I was cooking lots of vegetables, laying off the carbs, and making sure he had little or no sugar snacks and desserts in the house. Over the past couple of weeks though he has quit checking his blood sugar after dinner. I knew something must be wrong.......then I found this receipt.
4 nuggets
1 bacon cheeseburger
1 small fry
1 cookie
1 soda This is what Burger King calls their $4.00 bundle.
I call it "You are killing my husband bundle!"
He is working this morning, so I give him a call and tell him I am taking all the food out of the house, except water and lettuce. If he is going to eat like a pig at work, then I am feeding him nothing but salads for dinner. I don't even know what his blood sugar is. No wonder he is complaining of being tired and sluggish!
But let me tell you how smart he is. Mandy gave him a jar of gourmet jelly beans for Easter. He has been doing real good just eating a few a day. He knows I can see that jar and how many have been eaten. He went to the store and bought him a pack of cookies, emptied in them in the cookie jar, and ate them ALL one Saturday.
I don't want to be mean to him, but he has got to get with the system. He is proud of himself when he checks his blood sugar and it is under 150. He thinks he's the man. But then when he pigs out and his blood sugar is 350, he wonders what is going on!
Looks like I will go back to packing his lunch every day. When he works at Bojangles and would get free food, he often would get a salad and chicken wings. But last week he was working at the church in Kinston, thus the Burger King $4.00 bundle. His final remarks...........
"But Judy, it just cost $4.00". Yes, he is still the tightwad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hehehe ...
ReplyDeleteHehehe ...
ReplyDelete