He is going to have to learn simple technology!
I received a phone call this morning "Judy, I am on Falls of the Neuse Road" find me a Lowe's".
Where on Falls of the Neuse I asked.
"I don't know, just find me a Lowe's".
Now, last night I printed out directions to two different jobs he was going to, AND I put the addressees into Garmin for him. As I was doing it, I told him that HE needed to do it himself, that I had a hard day at work. He told me if I couldn't do it, that I would be getting a decrease in pay, so I was quiet...... for once!
I reminded him he had Garmin, and he could do it! He was quick to tell me HE was DRIVING! I told him to stop, then gave him directions on what to do. The problem was, I don't usually use points of interest, so that was a little glitch. He finally found shopping, then was typing in Lowes, but couldn't find the "E" on the keyboard! I am sitting here, he is stressing out there, all over the letter "E".
Believe me, this weekend, Old Pa is getting a lesson on technology. I even taught him this week how to get on the Mac, go into contacts, and find phone numbers! The marvels of modern technology, and he is missing out on all of it!
Are you wondering WHY I print out directions, and program Garmin? Simple. He said Garmin speaks to him in English, and Jose reads him the directions in Spanish. Could this be the reason he couldn't find the letter "E"?

No comments:
Post a Comment