School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
And this is how the story goes.........
I woke up last Monday morning and realized I only had 4 months before the trip to Branson. How in this world am I gong to walk around an amusement park, when just walking around Walmart can tire me out some days. My goal is to be able to leisurely walk 3 miles before I go. Well, it's too darn HOT to walk now, so here's my plan.
Last Monday I decided to give up my sweets. No honey buns, cookies, cakes, etc. Just ask Carter, he has already looked for them. All was fine during the day, but come nightfall, it was time for my snack. I opted for Cinnamon toast instead of a honey bun. I know, that's cheating, but I convinced myself it was a healthier "cheat' than a honey bun! Tuesday went by, no sweets, no breads, no potatoes or rice. I continued on until Thursday. I was at church working and started with "the shakes". I knew my blood sugar had dropped, so I grabbed a peppermint and I was fine. I'm still hanging with it. I'm just doing a few carb, eat what you will kind of thing. I'm going to start walking my laps at church in the gym. Slow and easy. I will eventually have that honey bun, but for now it is in the freezer, just waiting for that "emergency".
The last time I have done any extended walking was over 2 years ago when Abby and the kids went with me to Cypress Gardens. We walked all over that place. Do you think I will be up to it?
Just wait, that might be me you see running up the steps at the courthouse one day, just like "Rocky". Um, kids, are y'll too young to know who Rocky is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

why don't you just start walking with me and dad. that will get you into walking and it will give him someone else to talk to. lol
ReplyDelete