Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fry Bread?



Look at these little things. You know how much I love me some good bread. I found this on mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com.
Here's her recipe:
2 c flour
1 Tb baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c milk
Oil for frying (I like to use sunflower oil)

Mix dry ingredients, then add milk. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead for apx. 5 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before pulling apart into 5 pieces. Roll or squish, with your hands, dough into a round, thin, flat shape and fry in hot oil.

Now, you can use this as a taco base and add things like refried beans, ground beef, iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, olives, sour cream, shredded cheese - whatever you like on your taco- to the top and use a fork and knife to eat it.
Or, you can toss the just fried bread with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar for a dessert.
Either way, they are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment