Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poor Girl Dog

Well, It's all my fault......and partly Sherrill's too. Sherrill brought Girl Dog's dog house to the patio to sleep in last night. I just kept my mouth shut while he was setting it up. I did mention once to face the opening where rain wouldn't blow in. So, what happens......Girl dog was left unprotected from the rain. The rain blew in her house, soaking her bed. When I went to carry her out at 8:00 AM her little hind leg was dirty and wet. She was smart enough to turn her face to the back of the dog house. Now, SOMEBODY could have put her dog house under the patio table, OR could have opened the umbrella partially, or could have done SOMETHING.

I've mopped out the dog house, put down a rug for her to lay on until I wash her bed, and now I have to figure out a way to keep the rain out. She can't see to even find her way. I guess she just goes by the smell of her bed. I don't know why Sherrill is so against putting her in the back yard. She could sleep under the shelter, and have a good time barking at the neighbor's dog. We even have a fenced in pen, made with little wooden pickets, but that's not good enough for her either.
When I was growing up, dogs were meant for the YARD. There were no house priviledges.
Chris Roller....you are the one to blame for all of this. You should have never left Jack with Grandpa.

Any body out there want to adopt a blind, sweet little Jack Russell. She is sweet, lovable, loves home cooking, and is very patient. Looks like Sherrill will be building her a little home all to herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment