Hello everyone. Yes mom, I am alive and well still. It took 29 hours to finally get here on Friday but I did the drive straight thru!! yay for me!!!
We went to Navy Pier on Saturday night. It was like the Pier 39 in San Fran but no dad, I didn't see lots of gays so they must not hang out there.
Today we went to the Brookfield Zoo, Wrigley Field and to some pizza place. The Zoo was cool. Its about the size of the San Diego Zoo or justa little smaller. The kids had a blast. But yes mom, I do have pics. Dan took them with the camera but the cord is at the store so he has to bring it home tomorrow.
We drove by Wrigley Field. They are in Texas playing but sooooo many people were out drinking and watching the game on TV so we just road around the block and left. We saw the apartments that had the bleachers on top of them. It was cool. I thought there would be room to walk around and take pics and stuff but there really wasn't much.
Then the pizza place is where Don knows the owner so he finally got to meet Seth. He had heard all about the kids and that's where Don and Kathy learned how to make pizza. The kids thought it was awesome that the owner let them have free ice cream. :) While we were there, the hockey game was on and the Chicago Blackhawks won so they are going to play for the Stanley Cup. So I guess we will be watching hockey this week while we are here.
The kids are driving Dan crazy. He keeps telling me he doesn't know how I put up with them 29 hours in the car. :)
Okay, Dan is downstairs doing laundry and I need to get the kids to settle down for the night. I'll post pics tomorrow night.
Oh, there is a HUGH IKEA here. Everytime we go by it the kids get all excited and scream that they wanna go. I think tomorrow I'm going to take them. Kathy, what have you turned my kids into?? :)
Glad you are having fun. Rest up for that long trip here!
ReplyDelete