Monday, May 10, 2010

McEwan Kids







Christy emailed these pictures a couple of days ago. These little kids are growing fast. When I saw thses pictures I remembered a story I wanted to tell you.
Grandparents are known to do things wrong. Some times it is just by mistake, other times it is on purpose. For those of you that don't know, Catherine is allergic to EVERYTHING. You can't stir a pot with one thing in it, then use that spoon to touch Catherine's food. Catherine's food has to be prepared first, with no cross contamination of utensils or food. You can't even use a dish cloth to wipe off the table. It has to be done with a paper towel, so any milk you might wipe up doesn't touch Catherine's food area. So, after a week of going by these rules, we FINALLY got the hang of it. Then what happens, we go to Kathy's house. Well, Kathy is going green and doesn't see the use for paper towels, "Since you throw them out anyway." After going through so many paper towels at Christy's, we get to Kat's and all she has are BROWN paper towels that some company had wanted her to try. It's amazing how fast we had to conform to each child's style of living. The paper towels was one thing that really stood out. I guess every family does things a little different!



1 comment:

  1. Kathy isn't going green. She's just doesn't buy paper towels unless she can get them for almost free!!

    ReplyDelete