1 pound sweet potatoes ( I used about 4 1/2 sweet potatoes)
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup white sugar (I used about 3/4 white and about a half brown)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp nutmeg (I used more)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used more)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9inch) unbaked pie crust (I ended up with 2 pies)
Boil or bake sweet potatoes until done 40-50 minutes. Remove the skin.
Mash potato in a bowl. Add butter and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. Pie will puff up like a soufflé, and then will sink down as it cools.
Because I used more potatoes than I should, it did't puff up so much.
Next time I will use the same potatoes, but might add another egg, and I wish I had used evaporated milk instead of regular milk. I did like the change up with the sugar. I just LOVE my brown sugar.
The pies turned out great! I wish I had my sister's recipe for her sweet potato pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment