Back in October 2011 I was diagnosed with cancer. Within 4 days I was at Duke, and they wanted to do surgery 2 days later. Nope, no way, I had a vacation planned for November, so surgery was scheduled for December. I had planned on telling the family (all of you) during the vacation, but one thing lead to another, and I just kept it quiet. Upon my return I decided I didn't want to spoil my Christmas holidays, so I called and rescheduled for January. Yes, they thought I was out of my mind, but I'm the boss of course!
Well, surgery has been done, and I am home recuperating nicely. I am taking this one day at a time with a "Don't ask, don't tell" attitude. I don't wish to discuss this with anyone. I am very capable of making choices of what is best for ME! When I am away for a few days, don't expect the worse, I'll be out living my life to the fullest and spending your inheritance! I told Christy I was having surgery the day before my surgery, to put some things in order, and I called Kat with last minute instructions. They just knew I was having surgery, nothing more. I even had the hospital NOT to include my name in the hospital directory. I thought I had everything covered, until Christy showed up at Duke Raleigh Hospital the afternoon of the surgery and I was at Duke in Durham. I was furious. She spent a week here, taking excellent care of me.
I'm doing great. Don't bother asking DAD for details. He does't have a clue. He is just as much in the dark as everyone else.
To make life simpler for me,here are some of my rules.
1. When I look bad, keep it to yourself. I don't need to know. I'll do the same if you look bad!
2. No pity parties. As a matter of fact, I think I'll be up for another sleep over before Easter.
3. Don't even try keeping up with me. If you catch me slipping in or out in the dead of night, just know I have been up to something mischievous.
4. Don't remind me if my dishes haven't been washed or my house is messy. If you can't deal with it, clean it, or go home.
And most important, my medical problems are mine alone and I wish that they not be shared with anyone. Don't bother calling Grandma Cat for information. She will tell on you!
If you thought I was mean before, you haven't seen anything yet. I am going to have to be one mean Witch to beat this, and I know I will. So, in the meantime, as the song goes,"Don't Worry, Be Happy".
I'm doing fine, I really am ..........except for this darn bronchitis that Mandy brought home.
Tristen, Kelli, I am depending on you to help keep this blog going. I will be needing something to laugh about! And, for the rest of you, please add pictures when you can.
Love you all, and thanks for understanding!
Ok, It's not my fault that I showed up at the wrong hospital, Kathy gave me directions.
ReplyDeleteI'm just now seeing this but for the record I didn't bring bronchitis home... Seth did. :)
ReplyDelete