Taking it out of the pot the back with legs and thighs separated from the breast, so I just put them in two separate pans. The breast was PERFECT, if I do say so myself. When I tried to separate the thigh from the leg, there was still a little bit of pink. "OH no, I'm not touching that". So, the back, thighs, and legs went straight to the oven. Sherrill has just now taken it out.
So, for our Thanksgiving dinner, it was Sherrill, Mandy, and myself. The kids were still stuck to the TV. All is quiet now. Sherrill and Mandy are napping, and the kids are still watching TV.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone is happy!
The Murray's made it to Seven Devils, NC about 1230 on Thursday. We found our cabin at the top of a mountain with a view of Grand Father Mt while sitting on the deck. It is very very windy but really nice. The road up was nothing but u-turns it seems but the kids thought it was cool. We ate our turkey and dressing and real mash taters at the DAniel Boone Inn..wonderful. We have visited the Mast General Store for several hours and rode around just plain looking at all the site and tree farms. Wonderful so far. more to come.
ReplyDeleteMust be nice. We haven't been to the NC mountains in years. We have driven through, but didn't stop. Well, we did spend the night near Dollywood a couple of years back.
ReplyDeleteHope you took lots of pictures!